Monday, January 9, 2012

Fun with Dinner!

So, simple ham and cheesy (funeral) potatoes for dinner tonight, but I took it to a new level.  Sometimes I want to be a bit more creative so I decided to serve dog, owl and bear for dinner.

Yup.  That's right.  I took cookie cutters and made shapes.  My boys laughed at me (because they are teenagers) but it was a fun twist on dinner. 


I thought I would share as you can do this with lots of different foods.  And... as Sandra Lee says... Round Two (and Round Three) Recipes:

All the scraps aren't going to waste!  I took them and chopped them into cubes and am going to make ham & beans one night and fried rice with ham another night.

Now that's thrifty!

1 comment:

  1. I bought a boneless ham about 2 weeks ago and got at least 5 meals out of it. I made Scalloped Potatoes & Ham one night. Another night I made scrambled eggs & ham (for dinner). Then we made biscuits & ham (like mini sandwiches). And we made ham sandwiches. Lastly, we made Cheesy Potato and Corn Chowder with ham.

    I think I'll try the cookie cutter shapes next time. I'm sure my daughter would get a kick out of them.

    ReplyDelete