Saturday, June 26, 2010

Amish Time

I heard this concept at the EVO Conference yesterday and I want to implement it... it's called Amish Time. With technology coming at us (possibly the term bombardment comes to mind) taking time out to get away from technology is a good thing. The woman presenting the idea said they turn off electricity (TV, computers) including THE LIGHTS! I remember having a few dinners when my kids were little by candlelight and they liked it then.

Now that my 4 kids are teenagers and all having the ability to text, this concept may be met with some resistance but I really want us to do it. Now... to find the right day to do this... maybe from midnight to 6 a.m. Saturday - Sunday? Yeah, that one would work. Wait! We do this already!

I challenge you to try it too and let me know how it goes.... I'll follow up when I do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment